Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 22, 2014, 08:25:46 AM
1132382 Posts in 84281 Topics by 44956 Members
Latest Member: toastydoc

YoYoNation is in Archive mode for search and historical purposes.  Posting and commenting is disabled.
Home Help Search Login Register
YoYo Nation.com - Voice of the Nation  |  Voice of the Nation  |  Trick Showcase, Exchange, and Support  |  How To: View YouTube videos frame by frame..... « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How To: View YouTube videos frame by frame.....  (Read 15749 times)
Norod
Trade Count: (1)
The Nation

How To: View YouTube videos frame by frame.....
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:40:04 PM »

I am not sure if this has been posted. I remember reading a thread suggesting new people to download trick videos in a format where they can watch it frame by frame. I noticed a lot of cool videos are posted on youtube but you can't view the videos frame by frame. So here is a way to view those youtube videos frame by frame. The instructions below only pertains to mac users (sorry), but I bet a windows program exist that can give you the same results.

Download TubeTV (http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/tubetv/)

Open up your favorite web browser and point it to the youtube video of choice.
Now open up TubeTv and click on the GrabURL.
Click on the Download button. (TubeTv will download the video and convert it to a quicktime friendly format)
Open the video in quicktime and view the video frame by frame using the arrow keys.

TubeTv is a fairly simple and lightweight program. It converts youtube videos into a format quicktime can read. You can change the final format in the preferences. If you need more help with the program just reply in this thread.

Enjoy and Good luck learning those ridiculous tricks!  Afro
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 09:16:11 PM by Norod » Logged
eNons3nse
Trade Count: (14)
The Nation

Re: How To: View YouTube videos frame by frame.....
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »

good stuff.  i made a thread about downloading youtube videos a while back and bump it up every once in a while when people are talking about doing this.  your program isn't in there though.  i mostly just talked about firefox extensions to download the flv video or online sites that convert the format for you.  having the converting program on your computer, like with your program, is probably the faster way to convert though.

http://www.yoyonation.com/talk/index.php/topic,18435.0.html

vlc player lets you play back videos frame by frame or in various slow motion speeds as well.  plus it can play more video formats (like flv) than quicktime can, so you don't have to take the time to convert anything.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008, 02:30:27 PM by eNons3nse » Logged

"In the old days, Kinopah used to use Ragu sauce for cleaning bearings with moderately successful results.  Someone later discovered that it was best to stay away from the 3 cheese as this seemed to slow the bearing down somewhat." - madcow
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: